An Abundance of Opportunities to Live a Lifestyle You Love
There’s something for everyone at Uplands Village! Whether you want to be at one with nature, take up a new hobby, implement an exercise regimen or focus on living well, you can create the life you want here. Our 500-acre campus offers everything you could want or need in a Life Plan Community. Want to take a hike in the lush hills of the Cumberland Plateau? You can do that right outside your door. Need to run to the post office? We have one on campus. Fancy a tennis match or a walk in the dog park or a Sunday morning service? It’s all here.
We offer a host of amenities to suit every lifestyle and preference:
- Tree-lined neighborhoods
- Lakes, ponds and streams galore
- Fishing and boating
- Numerous walking trails
- Homes in a natural setting on the Cumberland Plateau
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Exercise classes such as tai chi, yoga and dance
- Hiking and biking
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Swimming pools
- Tennis court
- Woodworking shop
- Crafts and pottery
- Community gardens and parks
- Campus amphitheater
- Home health services
- Onsite health clinic
- Physical, occupational, speech and aquatic therapies
- Customized wellness programs
There’s so much to discover at Uplands Village!
Our Wellness Center
Our Rehab & Wellness Center is a 31-bed, Medicare A and Medicare B certified skilled nursing and rehabilitation therapy center, licensed with the State of Tennessee to provide skilled nursing care and rehabilitative therapies through our partnership with Functional Pathways. The Uplands Wellness Center is designed to help stroke, heart attack, surgery and joint replacement patients re-learn how to best navigate their own homes and maintain their highest levels of independence.
Our Wellness Center features:
- A state-of-the-art exercise facility
- An occupational therapy kitchen and bath
- May’s Cafe, a fresh food cafe for patients, residents, guests and the greater community
Our Aquatic Center
The Aquatic Therapy Center at Uplands Village houses a large pool for swimmers and a much warmer, shallower therapy pool for conducting aquatic exercise classes and rehabilitative therapies. In addition to a hot tub, the center has several dressing rooms, including one designated for couples or caregivers to help those who may need additional assistance.
Our Aquatic Center features:
- An indoor therapy pool with a wheelchair accessible ramp
- A 20’ x 60’ pool for lap swimmers
- An 8-person hot tub
Uplands Village is a Certified Wildlife Habitat®
Many living creatures today face the threat of a disrupted or dwindling habitat. We care about all living things at Uplands Village and so we’ve made the commitment to support the wildlife in our area. Our 500-acre campus is qualified as a Certified Wildlife Habitat® by the National Wildlife Federation. Our campus serves as a haven for birds, butterflies, bees and other beautiful animals so they can get the vital resources they need to survive and thrive.
We’ve incorporated all of the essential elements needed to bring our community to life:
- Food including plants and supplemental feeders
- Clean water for wildlife to drink and bathe in
- Places for shelter from weather and predators
- Places for wildlife to raise their young
- Sustainable practices such as the elimination of chemical pesticides and fertilizers
There’s a lot more to see in Tennessee beyond our beautiful campus!