Maintain Independence with Assisted Living Accommodations at Uplands Village
Elizabeth Fletcher House for Assisted Living
Conveniently located in the center of campus, the Elizabeth Fletcher House offers short-term and long-term assisted living options as well as respite care. Should you or a loved one become ill and need temporary care, or if you decide it’s time to move from your home, you’ll have the comfort of remaining near friends and neighbors while at the same time being nurtured and supported by a professional staff providing the highest level of care. With three levels of care offered at Fletcher House, you can rest assured your needs will always be met with the goal of allowing you to live independently for as long as possible.
Level One Care
- Nurse available 24/7
- Three nutritious meals daily, prepared by our chef and approved by a registered dietician
- Weekly housekeeping
- Weekly personal laundry service
- Daily monitoring of residents who self-administer medications
- Emergency call buttons
- Nightly safety checks (optional)
Level Two Care
- Daily housekeeping
- Up to one hour per week of nursing services
- Up to one hour per week of personal services
- All benefits included in Level One Care
Level Three Care
- Daily personalized care
- Nursing services whenever needed
- All benefits included in Level Two Care
At Fletcher House, you’ll find the region’s most experienced team of professionals who will care for your loved one as you would — with dignity, compassion and heart. All caregivers at Fletcher House receive extensive training in the Eden Alternative® philosophy of resident-directed care. This means that residents hold the power to make their own decisions, such as what to eat at each meal and which activities to participate in or decline.
In addition to our three levels of assisted living care, we offer resident members:
- Spacious suites and apartments with scenic views
- Full private baths with sit-down showers
- Individual heating and air conditioning control
- Onsite health clinic that includes X-ray and lab services
- Meaningful life enrichment activities and outings
- Opportunities to continue learning for a lifetime
- Transportation assistance for shopping and medical appointments
- Exercise classes and water aerobics
- Outpatient physical, occupational, speech and aquatic therapies
- Reading room and lending library, with a wide selection of books and videos
- Sewing and crafts room
- Beauty salon and barber shop
- Computer room with printers
- Free Wi-Fi, cable TV and local phone service
- Cozy gathering spaces to chat, read newspapers or play board games
Resident-Directed Assisted Living in a Comfortable Environment
Residents provide their own furnishings and personal items to make their living accommodations feel like home. We offer 50 assisted living apartments including:
- 37 single occupancy apartments (396 square feet)
- 4 suites (500 square feet)
- 9 double or deluxe suites (792 square feet)
Are you looking for a higher level of care?
We offer long-term care on campus in Wharton Homes.
FAQs for Assisted Living
As we age, it’s inevitable that our abilities will change. When these changes affect daily life or the ability to live well or safely, then it’s time to consider other options. If you’re considering assisted living for a loved one, here are some questions to ask:
- Does your loved one have food in the refrigerator?
- Can she prepare a balanced meal and feed herself on a regular basis?
- Can he safely cook at home and remember to turn off the stove?
- Have you noticed that he hasn’t taken a bath or shower in a while?
- Does she wear clean clothes or has she been wearing the same clothing for days at a time?
- Does the house or yard look as neat and clean as it used to be?
- Can they take their medication without being reminded?
- Does your loved one get around without help?
- Do they pay their bills on time?
- Do they get out of the house?
If you answered no to many of these questions, it may be time to consider assisted living for your loved one. Costs vary based on the level of care needed. If assisted living at Uplands Village sounds like the right choice for you or your loved one, rest assured that we’ll help you find the perfect plan to fit your needs.
For more information or to arrange for a tour of Fletcher House, contact us or call us at (931) 277-3127