Recover Faster and Regain Independence & Confidence
After discharge from a hospital following a stroke, surgery, injury, or another acute healthcare event, short-term rehabilitation is often the ideal choice for those who require therapy before returning home.
Comprehensive Rehabilitation at Uplands Village
Depending upon each guest’s unique circumstances, Uplands Village offers several types of therapies, including physical, occupational, speech, and aquatic therapy options.
Each therapy program is customized and can focus on:
- Activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Regaining balance, strength, and mobility
- Good body mechanics
- Self-care skills
- Speech-language expression and comprehension
- Oral and physical motor skills
Our goal is to help our short-term rehab guests regain strength, recover confidence and find safe ways to get back to doing what they love. Our treatment plans may include:
- Training in areas of mobility, bed transfers, and gait
- Treatment of lower extremity dysfunction
- Strength and balance training and coordination
- Range of motion therapy
- Amputee care and prosthetics
- Wound and pain management
- Fine and gross motor control and development
- Activities of daily living, including dressing, grooming, and bathing
- Training in the use of self-help aids
- Cognitive skills development
- Upper body strength and conditioning
- Receptive and expressive language therapy
- Aural rehabilitation
- Dysphagia management (difficulty swallowing)
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Strategies for safe eating
- Flexibility, balance, and coordination training
- Muscle strength and endurance conditioning
- Training in areas of locomotion and gait with less pressure on the joints
- Stress reduction and relaxation techniques
Stay Well at Uplands Village Before You Safely Return Home
A comfortable senior housing setting, daily nutritious meals, and high-quality medical care help our rehab guests gain maximum recovery to return home safely and maintain the highest level of independence possible.
The short-term rehab center has 31 private rooms, each including a bathroom, TV, phone, wireless internet, and a pull-out bed for family members and friends.
Achieve Your Goals in Our Wellness Center
Rehab guests stay in private rooms at the Uplands Wellness Center. The Wellness Center is equipped with a full kitchen, bath, and state-of-the-art therapy gym. The kitchen and bathroom areas allow guests to work with occupational therapists to build strength and learn new ways to navigate their home environments safely. Every care plan details therapeutic strategies and goals to ensure each guest regains the highest level of function and independence possible before returning home.
Physical therapists work with guests in the therapy gym to exercise large muscle groups for balance, strength, and range of motion. This can include learning to transfer from a bed or chair to a standing position, safely walking on different surfaces, or using adaptive equipment such as prosthetics, rollators, or wheelchairs.
Discover the Unique Benefits of Our Aquatic Center
Aquatic therapy in our indoor pool and spa provides unique rehabilitative benefits. A wheelchair ramp makes the therapy pool accessible to many guests. Being submerged in the water significantly reduces weight-bearing stress, allowing those with mobility challenges to move more easily in the water. Aquatic therapy helps to enhance flexibility and range of motion.
Both the lap pool and the shallower therapy pool are temperature-controlled. It’s not uncommon to notice the significant benefits of aquatic therapy when a guest exits the pool. They often are more relaxed, limber, and mobile.
In addition to rehabilitative therapies, our wellness and aquatic centers feature a state-of-the-art exercise facility, occupational therapy kitchen and bath, May’s Cafe, a fresh food cafe for patients, residents, guests, and the greater community, indoor therapy pool with a wheelchair-accessible ramp, temperature-controlled pool for lap swimmers, and an eight-person hot tub.