Endless Opportunities to Live a Life You Love
At Uplands Village, there’s something for everyone! Whether you want to be at one with nature, take up a new hobby, implement an exercise regimen, or focus on living well, you can create the life you want here.
Beyond a rich history and exceptional care options, our 500-acre life plan community offers everything you could want or need in a retirement village. Want to take a hike in the lush Tennessee hills of the Cumberland Plateau? You can do that right outside your door. Need to run to the post office? We have one on campus. Fancy a tennis match or a walk in the dog park or a Sunday morning service? It’s all here at Uplands Village.
We offer a variety of amenities to suit every lifestyle and preference:
- Tree-lined neighborhoods
- Numerous lakes, ponds, and streams
- Fishing, kayaking, and canoeing opportunities
- Connected walking trails
- Homes in a natural setting on the Cumberland Plateau
- On-site fitness center
- Guided exercise classes such as tai chi, yoga, and dance
- Hiking and biking
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Indoor aquatic center with lap pool and water therapy pool
- Pickleball court
- Woodworking shop
- Crafts and pottery
- Community gardens and parks
- Lifelong Learning Institute
- Home health services 24/7
- On-Site health clinic
- Physical, occupational, speech, and aquatic therapies
- Customized wellness programs
Receive Skilled Rehabilitative Care in Our Wellness Center
Our Rehab and Wellness Center is a 31-bed, Medicare A and B certified skilled nursing and rehabilitation therapy center, licensed with the State of Tennessee to provide skilled nursing care and rehabilitative therapies through our partnership with Functional Pathways. The Uplands Wellness Center is designed to help stroke, heart attack, surgery, and joint replacement patients regain confidence and independence while learning new strategies to succeed once they return home.
Our Wellness Center offers housing for our senior guests while working with physical therapists to exercise large muscle groups for balance, strength, and range of motion. This can include learning to transfer from a bed or chair to a standing position, safely walking on different surfaces, or using adaptive equipment such as prosthetics, rollators, or wheelchairs. Every care plan details therapeutic strategies and goals to ensure each guest regains the highest level of function and independence.
Our Wellness Center Features:
- Certified skilled nursing and rehabilitative therapies
- 31 private rooms for short-term rehabilitation patients
- State-of-the-art exercise facility
- Full occupational therapy kitchen and bath
- May’s Cafe, a fresh food cafe for patients, residents, guests, and the greater community
Find Relaxation and Rehabilitation at Our Aquatic Center
The Aquatic Therapy Center at Uplands Village houses a large, 20’ x 60’ lap pool for swimmers and a warmer, shallower, water therapy pool that is wheelchair-accessible for conducting aquatic exercise classes and rehabilitative therapies. In addition to an 8-person hot tub, the center has several dressing rooms, including one designated for couples or caregivers to help those who may need additional assistance.
Aquatic therapy provides unique benefits for both rehabilitation as well as general health. Being submerged in the water significantly reduces weight-bearing stress, allowing those with mobility challenges to move more easily in the water. Aquatic therapy also helps to enhance flexibility, range of motion, and reduce stress.
Uplands Village is a Certified Wildlife Habitat®
Many living creatures today face the threat of a disrupted or dwindling habitat. At Uplands Village, we care about all living things, so we’ve made the commitment to support the wildlife in our area. Our picturesque senior living campus is qualified as a Certified Wildlife Habitat® by the National Wildlife Federation. Our campus serves as a haven for birds, butterflies, bees, and other beautiful animals so they can get the vital resources they need to survive and thrive.
We’ve incorporated all of the essential elements needed to attract and sustain wildlife at our East Tennessee retirement village:
- Food, including plants and supplemental feeders
- Clean water for wildlife to drink and bathe in
- Places for shelter from weather and predators
- Places for wildlife to raise their young
- Sustainable practices such as the elimination of chemical pesticides and fertilizers