Enjoy Retirement Living in the Unspoiled Beauty of the Cumberland Plateau
Uplands Village is a vibrant retirement living community located on the Cumberland Plateau in East Tennessee. The plateau is part of the Appalachian Mountains and has remained a rugged and remote paradise for thousands of years. Today, it draws people from around the world due to its breathtaking natural beauty and rich heritage in an idyllic location. The landscape is dotted with scenic vistas as far as the eyes can see. Does this sound like a dream come true? Just imagine living the rest of your life here.
The Cumberland Plateau offers state parks, lush forests, scenic rivers, and countless opportunities to enjoy nature and history. Find serenity here and enjoy a simpler life on the Cumberland Plateau!
Get Acquainted with Tennessee, the Volunteer State
While our resident members are actively involved in extending their time and talents to make their community and the world a better place, they also take the time to enjoy the beauty and diversity of the state they call home.
Tennessee is the heart of the country music scene. It offers a wide variety of cultural attractions and experiences, including top-notch golf courses, Civil War sites, the Great Smoky Mountains, and Elvis Presley’s Graceland, to name a few. There’s something here to appease every interest!
Our retirement village is centrally located within Tennessee, making day trips to major cities like Nashville and Knoxville easily accessible. A lower cost of living, retiree-friendly tax structure, easy accessibility, and moderate climate draw many adults looking for life’s next adventure to our 55-plus community in Tennessee.
Explore the Surrounding Area
Uplands Village residents enjoy all of the opportunities our surrounding area has to offer, including:
- Golf courses (we’re just minutes from the Golf Capital of Tennessee)
- World-class fishing on the numerous area lakes
- Stunning byways (take a scenic drive through three states along the 444-mile Natchez Trace Parkway)
- National, state, and local parks (20 minutes from Cumberland Mountain State Park)
- Exceptional cuisine and culinary delights
- Progressive arts and cultural events
- Wineries (20 minutes from Stonehaus Winery and Chestnut Hill Winery)
- Award-winning theaters (10 minutes from Cumberland County Playhouse)
- Museums (25 minutes from Homesteads Tower Museum, an octagonal stone landmark that housed administrative offices for a project of FDR’s New Deal and 15 minutes from Military Memorial Museum in downtown Crossville)
- Shopping malls and outlet centers
- Antique malls and flea markets
- Farmers markets
- Libraries and bookstores
- Coffee shops and cafes (steps from Linda’s Coffee Shop)
- Historical sites and a rich heritage right on our own Uplands Village campus, including the Dr. May Wharton homestead, Munson-Fletcher Log House, Doctor’s Building, Community House, and Pioneer Hall Museum