Recover Faster and Regain Independence with Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services
After discharge from a hospital following stroke, surgery, injury or another acute healthcare event, short-term rehabilitation is often the ideal choice for those who require therapy prior to returning home. Depending upon each guest’s unique circumstances, we offer several types of therapies including physical, occupational, speech and aquatic therapy options.
Each therapy program is customized and can focus on:
- Regaining balance, strength and mobility
- Good body mechanics
- Self-care skills
- Activities of daily living
- Speech-language expression and comprehension
- Oral and physical motor skills
Our goal is to help our short-term rehab guests regain strength, recover confidence and find safe ways to get back to doing what they love. Our treatment plans may include:
- Training in areas of mobility, bed transfers and gait
- Treatment of lower extremity dysfunction
- Strength and balance training and coordination
- Range of motion therapy
- Amputee care and prosthetics
- Wound and pain management
- Fine and gross motor control and development
- Activities of daily living including dressing, grooming and bathing
- Training in the use of self-help aids
- Cognitive skills development
- Upper body strength and conditioning
- Receptive and expressive language therapy
- Aural rehabilitation
- Dysphagia management (difficulty in swallowing)
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Strategies for safe eating
- Flexibility, balance and coordination training
- Muscle strength and endurance conditioning
- Training in areas of locomotion and gait with less pressure on the joints
- Stress reduction and relaxation techniques
Our Wellness Center
Rehab guests stay in private rooms at the Uplands Wellness Center. The Wellness Center is equipped with a full kitchen, bath and state-of-the-art therapy gym. The kitchen and bathroom areas provide opportunities for guests to work with occupational therapists to build strength and learn new ways to safely navigate their home environments. Every care plan details therapeutic strategies and goals to ensure each guest regains the highest level of function and independence possible prior to returning home.
Physical therapists work with guests in the therapy gym to exercise large muscle groups for balance, strength and range of motion. This can include learning to transfer from a bed or chair to a standing position, safely walking on different surfaces or using adaptive equipment such as prosthetics, rollators or wheelchairs.
Our Aquatic Center
Aquatic therapy in our indoor pool and spa provides unique rehabilitative benefits. A wheelchair ramp makes the therapy pool accessible to many guests. Being submerged in the water significantly reduces weight-bearing stress, allowing those with mobility challenges to move more easily in the water. Aquatic therapy helps to enhance flexibility and range of motion.
Both the lap pool and the shallower therapy pool are temperature-controlled. It’s not uncommon to notice the significant benefits of aquatic therapy when a guest exits the pool. They often are more relaxed, limber and mobile.
Our wellness and aquatic centers provide rehabilitative therapies. In addition, they feature:
- A state-of-the-art exercise facility
- An occupational therapy kitchen and bath
- May’s Cafe, a fresh food cafe for patients, residents, guests and the greater community
- An indoor therapy pool with a wheelchair accessible ramp
- A 20’ x 60’ temperature-controlled pool for lap swimmers
- An eight-person hot tub
Stay Well at Uplands Village Before You Can Safely Return Home
A comfortable setting, daily nutritious meals and high quality medical care help our rehab guests to gain maximum recovery so they can return home safely and maintain the highest level of independence possible.
31 private rooms include:
- Pull-out bed for those who want to stay with loved ones
Contact us to book a tour of our Wellness Center or Aquatic Therapy Center!