Receive Medicare-Certified Long-Term Care at Uplands Village
Your loved one may require more attention than can be given at home. If your loved one is struggling to manage the activities of daily living or is in declining health from a progressive illness, 24-hour skilled nursing care may be the answer. Long-term nursing care provides more extensive health and personal care support than assisted living. Wharton Homes offers long-term skilled nursing care in four energy-efficient homes in the center of the Uplands Village campus. Care is provided through individually tailored medical, dietary and social care plans, developed under the guidance of each resident’s personal physician and our medical director.
Our residents live with purpose as we help them manage chronic conditions in clean, comfortable and caring environments. Consistent staffing from a dedicated medical team, daily nutritious meals, meaningful enrichment activities and access to weekly nondenominational worship services contribute to the physical, emotional and spiritual wellness of every skilled nursing resident.
What's included with long-term care:
Skilled nursing residents receive many benefits and opportunities in Wharton Homes including:
- 24/7 personalized nursing care
- Individualized medical, dietary and social care plans
- Three daily nutritious meals, including made-to-order breakfasts, drinks and healthy snacks
- Wheelchair-friendly dining tables to share meals family-style
- Spa rooms with whirlpool tubs for restorative therapy and relaxation
- Onsite physical, occupational, speech and aquatic therapies
- Restorative programs to help residents achieve their highest level of mobility
- Enclosed gardens for tending to plants, relaxation or visiting with families
- Cable TV and in-room bath
- Full community calendar of life enrichment activities and events
- Assisted van service to weekly nondenominational worship services
- 24-hour on-call ambulance service to nearby Cumberland Medical Center or Cookeville Regional Medical Center
Resident-Directed Skilled Care in a Comfortable Home Environment
Wharton Homes features:
- A choice of private and semiprivate rooms
- 62 beds in four unique neighborhood settings
- 15-16 residents housed in each neighborhood with a dedicated care team
Residents are encouraged to bring keepsakes from home and personalize their rooms to add a sense of comfort, familiarity and well-being. Stepping through the doors of any one of our four homes feels like … coming home. Each home features an inviting living room with a stone hearth, comfortable seating, piano, large-screen TV, game tables, shelves filled with books, plants and lots of natural sunlight.
Awaken the Senses at Wharton Homes
Picture your loved one enjoying the fresh mountain air, watching the birds at their feeders and listening to water splashing in the fountains. Wharton Homes understands the importance of engaging and delighting all of the senses to enhance the lives of our residents.
Scents of Home
Maintaining a safe, clean environment is one of our top priorities, but the smell of disinfectants doesn’t permeate the air. The aroma of freshly-baked cookies, homemade bread or fresh pot of coffee are the welcome scents that make our residents feel right at home.
Sounds of Music
Music is therapeutic and helps bring back happy memories. Our residents are treated to musical performances by talented Uplands Village residents and performers from the Cumberland County Playhouse, as well as invited to join in Sunday hymn-singing or holiday caroling around the piano. Frequent laughter — among caregivers, friends, family and children visiting from the nearby Pleasant Hill Elementary School — is music to everyone’s ears.
Tastes for every Palate
Our full-time registered dietician takes the time to learn about each resident’s food preferences and favorite meals. Because each of our homes house a smaller number of residents, we can cater to individual tastes when planning for healthful meals and snacks.
For more information or to arrange for a tour of our Wharton Homes, contact us or call us at (931) 277-3127.